A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A GRAPHIC DESIGN STUDENT

author's note: this was actually written on and is about February 7th. enjoy!

9 am - The alarm on my phone goes off. I hate the noise so much, and I used to have it on just vibrate, but I've been so tired and busy this school year that I'm too scared to do that anymore. This is one of my late morning days. On Mondays and Wednesdays I get up at 7. ðŸ˜’

9:15 am - I manage to actually get out of bed.


9:30 am - Take a shower.

10 am - I check all my social media and try to make sense of this week's to-do list. Feel strong waves of despair as I look at the 8 homework assignments for Professional Practices (plus other homework and projects for other classes) to be completed in a week. Check my student email. Boring stuff.

the set-up

10:30 am - I start working on my heart art that's due tomorrow afternoon. In my defense, I've had an extremely busy, stressful past couple days. Hopefully I can work on it more later and write my art analysis on it.

 


11:45 am - Time to speed clean my room, which needs it REALLY badly.

12:00 - Lunch time :)

that's ranch dressing. which kinda looks gross in the pic. there's not as much on there as it looks lol.

1:00 pm - Off to my 1:30 class! (News Layout & Copy Editing. It's one of my electives, a journalism class.)




2:25 pm - I trek over to the fine arts building for my class at 3. I'm wayyy early so hopefully I can get something school-related out of the way. Or I could just hang out on Twitter. Twitter sounds nice.

4:20 pm - Class ends. We learn that the midterm, previously a mysterious "approximately" before spring break, might now be "next Tuesday." I panic. Since I haven't studied for this test at all yet.

5:15 pm - I fix some supper and eat fast cause your girl's got a lot to do today.

6:10 pm - Start back on that heart art, which is for a special honors class I'm taking called The Human Body & Visual Art.

this was watercolor. watercolor is hard.

7:50 pm - I take a much needed break from the hustle and indulge myself with episode 15 of Hwarang. It just gives me all the fuzzies seeing the guys becoming a good team and working together. Gawsh so kewt.

Image result for hwarang screenshot

9:20 pm - Back to arting the heart. (note from author: okay, guys, I did this hovering over my art piece which was laying on the floor. and man. the leg cramps.)



10:50 pm - I decide that it's time to call it quits, seriously hoping that I have enough time tomorrow to actually finish the heart. GAH.

12 aka midnight - Off to bed. Finally. I should probably have better sleeping habits. No, I know I should but sometimes my mental-rest-needs outweigh my physical-rest-needs and I just stay up. It's a bad excuse but it true.


I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into my world. If you'd like to read more posts about my life at college or what I do specifically as a graphic design student (everyone would like to know. we're a well-kept mystery. *magic dust*), let me know. 


And if you were curious as to how that heart turned out, here it is ^^:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Haul + My First Guest Post (!)

Airplanes and Sky

Waiting on Wednesday {2}